Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tick-Tock

My parents have a grandfather clock and I have fond memories of hearing it growing up. The tick-tock of the grandfather clock was always a comforting sound to me. I have always wanted one for my own home. Clay and I saw a very pretty and affordable one about a year ago at Kirkland's. He had told me back then if it ever went on sale for less than $100.00, I could buy it. Whenever I am near a Kirkland's I run in and check the price of the grandfather clock. Much to my surprise, I got an email yesterday saying that the grandfather clock was on a final clearance with limited quantities. The girls and I decided to make the drive today to Norfolk, just to see if our Kirkland's had one left. Sure enough they did. It was on final clearance for $79.99, but I also had a $10.00 store reward certificate and a $10.00 off coupon, so I ended up getting my grandfather clock for $59.99. Clay would be so proud.

Our Grandfather Clock!

It just chimed for the first time!

The girls and I also went to Old Navy to take advantage of the extra 50% off all clearance items. Plus if you show your military I.D. you get an additional 10% off. Needless to say we stocked up for next winter. We had so much fun shopping and didn't spend very much money at all. Most of the items we bought were between $1-$3. The sale ends tomorrow though.

4 comments:

Joia said...

Your clock is GORGEOUS!!! I also love the sound they make (reminds me of my grandparent's house), I Cannot believe you got such a great deal on it!!

Way fun that you got so much cool stuff at Old Navy, too! =)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I totally did an old navy run too! But I didn't show a military ID card. I could have saved 2 more dollars!

LOVE THE CLOCK!!!

Anonymous said...

We love the clock- I grew up hearing one chime, too. If you come for a vist, we will make a run to Kirkland. It's only 15 minutes away.Good buys at Old Navy-my daughter-in-law is a great shopper!!! Hugs and kisses, Nana

Iturblog said...

Wow! GREAT deal on the clock and clothes! Why didn't we ever go shopping together when we lived near eachother? :(