Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ER Visit

The girls and I just got back from the Emergency Room. Not exactly what I thought we would be doing when we went to bed last night. But Jocelyn woke up screaming and crying at 12:30 am saying that her ear hurt. I could not get her to calm down or go back to sleep. She just kept saying that her left ear hurt. Finally at 2:00 am I decided to just put the girls in the van and drive to the Emergency Room. I didn't know what else to do. Luckily there was only one other family at the ER. They got us right in to see the doctor. He checked her left ear and said that she did not have an ear infection, but that she did have some fluid/drainage in her middle ear that was causing the pain. He gave me some medicine to use tonight and even put in some medications for me to go pick up tomorrow at the pharmacy. Hopefully the medicines will help get her allergy issues under control. We got back home a little after 3:00 am. It took me awhile to get Jocelyn comfortable and back to sleep. I also emailed Clay to let him know what happened and to let him know that I missed having my personal doctor around. I am just praying that we all get some much needed sleep now.

2 comments:

Iturblog said...

Awe! :( Poor Jocelyn! Glad it wasn't an ear infection and that she got some medicine. Praying you all get some rest!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Rabens,
This is Kimberly Glab, I don't know if you remember me but I was in your 3rd grade class 6 years ago. Today at school I saw your family Christmas card in the school office and decided to check out your blog and see how you are doing. I was thinking back about my 3rd grade year and all the things we did between having a pet hamster to doing our animal and Indian projects. I made many memories in your class that will stay with me forever. Thank you for all the ways that you contributed to my education.
Kimberly

P.S. here is my family blog if you would like to check it out.
http://www.4522-happenings.blogspot.com/