Friday, January 22, 2010

Gifts for Kerra

The girls and I are very excited that Mrs. Megan and Mr. Danny are expecting a baby girl after having three boys. We had so much fun shopping for their baby girl. The girls drew some cards the other night to include in the package that we sent them.

Jocelyn drew a picture of Mrs. Megan and Mr. "Manny" as she calls him.

She then filled the paper over and drew baby Kerra inside Mrs. Megan's tummy.

Madison worked very hard on making a family portrait of their family.

Madison with her finished family portrait of their family of six.

Today Mrs. Megan posted the following on their family blog after they received the packages we sent:

This afternoon, I was surprised to open the door to the mailman holding three boxes. While one was expected (clothes from my uncle to Danny), the other two weren't. The boys could hardly wait to help open the packages, but I asked them to wait until we were done with our chores first. When it finally came time to open the boxes, this is what we found in the first one:
Lookit all those precious girl clothes! I think I like the purple flower one the best. They're all so snuggly-soft. I just love them all! Thank you so much Brittney. They'll be great for winter and are just the size she'll be in then. I can hardly wait to dress Kerra in these and snuggle her. :)

In another box were these cute items. I love the little flower costume, Christmas onesies, cute sleepers, and lookit those adorable little shoes!!! Thank you so much girls, for these "firsts" for Kerra!

Amongst the girl clothes (tho' you shoulda heard them while we were opening them: "Oh!" "So cute!" "Look! For Kerra Mommy!"), the boys were happy to find balls to play with and sweet cards from the girls. Aren't Madison and Jocelyn great artists? Thank you for the pictures Madison and Jocelyn. We love them and have them hanging on our fridge and will think of you whenever we look at them. We love and miss you!

Thank you for the sweet surprise Brittney, Madison, and Jocelyn! It was so sweet of you to think of us and Kerra. We miss you girls SO much and hope to be able to see you soon!

2 comments:

Iturblog said...

We LOVE all the girl clothes and the boys have really enjoyed the Pooh Bear balls (especially with this weather we're having-our cat Asa even chases them around-funny kitty!). It was SO sweet of you to think of us!

Oh hey, do you have anything going on around the 15th of February? I know your birthday is the 14 so I don't want to interfere with any plans. It's President's day and I think Danny has the day off work. We'd love to see you girls, and NO you don't need to spoil Kerra any more than you already have! I thought I'd run it by you to see what you thought, know it's short notice. Maybe after Kerra is born would be better. Then you can see her in all those cute outfits you got her!

Rabens Family said...

We would love to see you guys anytime. We don't have any plans for Valentine's weekend. You are crazy though if you don't think I will be sending you home with tons of Classic Pooh Nursery stuff. I would much rather see it being used than just sitting in storage bins in my attic.