Friday, January 8, 2010

I Got Mail!

I was very surprised when I went to the mailbox today to get the mail and I found a card for me from Clay.

This is my first piece of mail with a military postmark.

It was a very sweet anniversary card.

It takes about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for snail mail letters to get to where Clay is. We have mailed him tons of cards, letters and drawings to decorate his plywood bedroom with. It was so nice to get a card from him. We hope to be getting many more in the future.

We mailed Clay his first "care package" this week. We were waiting until he was able to give us a list of things that he needed. He emailed me and told me that he needed more razors, ankle height workout socks and some new cologne. The girls and I went shopping and got everything on his list plus a movie, puzzle book, playing cards, warm pajama pants, and lots of candy. We wrapped everything individually with Valentine paper and put our Valentine's Day cards on top. We are hoping that he enjoys his early Valentine's Day gift from his girls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The card was so sweet- Let us know of anything else Clay needs. Uncle Hank wants to send a care package and we want to send again,too. Hugs and kisses to the girls, Nana

Iturblog said...

Cool that you got mail! I 'member getting free mail and thought that it should also be free for you to send mail to them, at least the letters. Danny was just asking about Clay and wanting to know some stuff he needed/liked so we could send him a package.