Monday, January 25, 2010

Three Year Anniversary of "Gotcha Day!"

Three years ago today we woke up and got ready to head to Panama City to pick up our beautiful new daughter. A person from The Adoption Center picked her up from her birth family's house and brought her to us at a Chick Fil A. It was a very exciting day for all of us. Here are some pictures from our first few days together:







Jocelyn's transition went really well. She cried for the first few days, but she quickly adjusted to her new surroundings and family. We can't imagine not having her as a part of our family. God has blessed us with two beautiful girls!

“Gotcha Day”

A holiday of your own, when you can say
That you’ve found your home, it’s Gotcha Day!

An angel was prayed for, by the forlorn
Nine months later, you were born.

You came into this world, as an answered prayer.
What everyone wished for was finally there.

One family adoring you, but had to let go
To another that wanted and needed you so.

You brought all of us together, gave us the signs,
It’s as if you had said to us, “This family is mine.”

So tiny and helpless, yet perfect and strong,
You let both families know just where you belonged.

Such joy did you bring when you entered this world.
Never again will there be such a loved little girl!

Born to a family so filled with love,
And yet not your destiny, decided above.

My job was to help you and guide you along,
Until finding the family in which you belonged.

It was easy to see, by the look in your eyes,
Where you need to be, you were so very wise.

When the families met, it was love at first sight,
It’s as if you were telling me, “This family’s right.”

The bonding before me was so pure and true.
It became crystal clear just what I had to do.

You loved your new sister and then went to your dad.
These things you otherwise wouldn’t have had.

I’m watching you grow, mommy makes sure I do.
I’m always so glad that I listened to you.

The handprints, and pictures, sweet things that you make,
Only assure me, this was no mistake.

Everyone around you finds you so dear.
But never forget, that I’m always here.

January 25th, of each year, you can say...
“I’m special. I’m loved. This is my Gotcha Day!”

Thinking of you always,
Keisha
(Jocelyn's Birthmother)

1 comment:

Iturblog said...

Awe! How precious! Did you dress her in all of those different outfits for pictures, or was she a messy baby?