
A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post entitled Clay is in Qatar. In that post I mentioned the following:
"This morning I was trying to get all of our laundry done from being gone for 10 days when the washing machine died. It died in the middle of a load so the wet clothes were locked inside. Of course when I called Sears the washing machine is no longer under warranty and they can't send a repair man out until Friday. What is going to break next?"
Much to my surprise I received the following comment on the blog post:
SearsCare said...
To Rabens family,
My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am sorry to hear about the problems with the washer as well as it happening at a time like this; then again no time is ever a good time for your washer to break. We would be glad to talk to you about the situation to see how we can help. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the screen name (Rabens family) used to post here for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
Thank you,
Brian J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares
Needless to say I sent Brian an email and a Sears Cares representative called me back the following day. Our Sears Cares caseworker Kathy informed me that they would get someone out to check the washing machine and that I would need to pay the $129.00 service charge but that Sears Cares would reimburse it. The repair man came out on Christmas Eve to look at the washing machine. The only problem he found on it was a torn gasket. He had to order the part which cost $255.13. Luckily the people at Sears Cares are going to reimburse $112.15 of it, so it will only end up costing us $142.98. Don't get me wrong, I still think that is a lot of money for a rubber gasket, but it is a lot better than paying full price. The repair man should be coming today between 1:00 and 5:00 to put on the new gasket. That means we will have a working washing machine and I can buy the extended warranty so that if anything else goes wrong with it over the next year it will be covered. But wait.... here is the best part. Sears Cares is going to give us a complimentary one year warranty for our washing machine!!! So if anything else goes wrong with it over the next year it will be covered!!! Yeah!!!
Thank you so much Sears Cares! It is such a relief to know that it is one less thing I have to worry about while my husband is deployed. It has been a pleasure working with you all.
4 comments:
Wow. What an amazing blessing.
Wow, I second the Amazing Blessing, but I have to add a Weeeird!
YAY! Glad you were blessed. :) I am on the weird side with Rebecca b/c I was wondering if Brian checks out your blog daily or if Sears just searches for folks using the word SEARS in their blogs. Things that make you go "Hmmmm?"!!! :)
Cool! I agree with Becca and Lisa tho', that is a bit weird, but glad it served you in some way. Will be praying no more appliances break or catch fire!
Post a Comment