I have several projects on my list to do while Clay is deployed. I was inspired to tackle one of these projects when I read about the the Pick One Spot! contest on the Girl Talk Blog. When we moved to Virginia, I quickly unpacked, organized and decorated every room in the house except Clay's office. He had asked me not to touch that room and let him take care of it. However he was so busy with work that he never got a chance to completely get his office in order. Once he found out that he was deploying his office became a storage room for all of his deployment stuff. Right before he left for his deployment, I asked him if I could clean, organize and decorate his office for him while he was gone. He agreed, since he knew it would drive me crazy to leave it in its messy state for six months.
Clay's Office Before

Clay's bookcases FULL of clutter with things thrown on the shelves.

Clay's desk that is filled with items that needed to get taken up to the attic.
Clay's Office After!

The bookcases are now organized and have shelves for pictures, medical books, and religious books.

Clay's desk is now cleaned off and has plenty of room for him to work.
I put a photo collage of family photos over his desk, so that he has something to look at while he works.
2 comments:
The office looks great- love the photo colection. Can you come to school to organize my desk? Nana
Good job staying busy while Clay is away (tho' I guess it's never really that hard, is it?). Hope he and you all are doing well. We're praying for you all.
Post a Comment