Thursday, August 7, 2008

Calling Doctor Daddy!


We try not to bother Clay at work, but today I had to page him with a 911 emergency. Madison decided to play David and Goliath by herself while I was upstairs laying Jocelyn down for her nap. Madison took five pebbles out of my candle centerpiece that is on the dining room table. For some reason she put one in her mouth and accidentally swallowed it. She proceeded to stick her finger down her throat to try to get it out. When I came downstairs and found her gagging herself, I immediately paged Clay and asked him what I should do. He assured me that she will most likely pass it on her own, but if it looks like she is having trouble breathing or is in pain to take her straight to the Emergency Room. When I got off the phone with him I told Madison that the pebble will go through her tummy and come out in the potty when she goes number 2. She proceeded to jump around in excitement and say, "Yeah, it's going to come out my butt!" A few minutes later she told me she could feel it in her bottom. I assured her that it would take awhile to get through her tummy and we will just wait to see it in the potty in a day or two. Don't worry I won't post a picture of it when it passes.

2 comments:

Iturblog said...

Oh no! Children sure seem to get into things in the few seconds their parents are out of the room. I'm glad she's alright and didn't choke on it.

Have you ever had those delicious chocolates that look just like rocks?! I'm craving some now for some reason! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I saw your comment on Brandi's blog and just wanted to say hi. I've been praying for your family and wondering how Madison was doing. It was nice to see all your great pictures.

God bless you guys!

Cassie Tynan