Over a week ago the girls and I took Clay to the airport expecting it to be the last time we would see him until the end of his seven month deployment. He was flying to Fort Bragg for some training and then would be leaving straight from Fort Bragg for Afghanistan. Much to our surprise he called last Thursday night and let us know that he had the weekend off from his training. We decided to all meet up at his parents' house in North Carolina, so that he could see everyone before he flies out to Afghanistan. We had a great weekend together. Although Clay is still in training here at Fort Bragg, the girls and I decided to stay here with him until he flies out for Afghanistan sometime soon. We did not think his training schedule would allow for us to stay with him, but it has, so we are enjoying some extra time with Daddy before he goes. The girls and I will be leaving Fort Bragg on Sunday or sooner if Clay has to fly out sooner. We are praying that saying goodbye a second time won't make it worse on the girls.
2 comments:
Awwwh yay!! I am glad all you girls got some extra time with him before he leaves!!!
Glad you get some more special time with him! Enjoy it!
Post a Comment