Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Cooking

The girls and I decided to take advantage of this cold and rainy day and do some Christmas cooking. First we made my Mom's Cheese Balls. This was the first time I made them without my Mom's help.

Madison tried to stir it with a spoon but soon figured out that we needed to mix it with our hands. She was not about to touch it though, so I got to mix it.


Ingredients:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of chopped green olives
1 tbsp. minced onions
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly by hand and then shape into a ball and roll in chopped walnuts.

Time to bake a Christmas Tree Cake.

Madison frosted and decorated the cake all by herself this year.

Madison and her finished Christmas Tree Cake!

Time to put sprinkles on the cupcakes.

We are ready for Mr. Lance, Mrs. Nyx, and Jude to come over tonight to celebrate Christmas with them.

We are praying for some SNOW tonight! We live so close to the coast that we may only get a dusting of snow, but the girls can't wait to see their first snow.

1 comment:

Iturblog said...

Mmmm...looks like everything came out yummy! I think the boys and I are going to go do some baking too!