Tonight Daddy surprised the girls by giving them their Daddy Dolls!

Jocelyn is in LOVE!

Madison was shocked that Daddy was a doll.

They were even more surprised when they squeezed the tummy and heard the special message that Daddy recorded just for them.

Madison, Daddy and her Daddy Doll.
Daddy told them how much he is going to miss them when he is away.

Jocelyn couldn't believe she had a "small Daddy."
Madison couldn't stop looking at her Daddy Doll.
Madison snuggled her Daddy Doll in Daddy's chair and listened to her special Daddy Doll message.
The girls also got their Deployment Bracelets tonight.
********************
We are waking up very early tomorrow morning to drive Daddy to the base to pick up his weapon and then we are following the government car to the airport to see him off. Please pray for us all. Saying goodbye will be difficult.
7 comments:
:( This is heartbreaking! Lookit how those girls love their Daddy. :( This brings back memories. The hardest part for me was dealing with the questions from Tristen. I'm glad you got them Daddy dolls and special bracelets. I'm sure it means so much to them. We'll certainly be praying for you all. Please don't hesitate (I know you!) to let me know if you need anything at all. We'd love to take a road trip and, of course I'm always here to talk! We love you all and will be praying for Clay, you, and those precious girls.
It brings tears to my eyes just to think about it... will be praying for you all!
Praying for you and your sweet family! ;)
Thinking of you this morning Brittney ... I think those of us a year behind you, are thinking of it even more.
Those are awesome pillows and bracelets. Did you come up with that idea? Boy I sure do wish I would have had those ideas when my husband was going to sea all the time. Back in the day we didn't even have email to keep in contact with them, how the times have changed....
Again awesome idea!
I think I'm going to borrow the bracelet idea for my sister in law whose son is now in Iraq for the next year.
Thanks!
Thank you all the your thoughts and prayers. It is has been a very long and emotional day to say the least. Early bedtime for everyone tonight.
You can order the Daddy Dolls online at www.daddydolls.com. I found the idea for the deployment bracelets online too, but decided to make them myself because it was cheaper that way.
That's an excellent idea for an employment gift! I definitely recommend doing that for any younger child. That's a great for them to not miss you as much while you're away.
Post a Comment