
Nine years ago today Clay asked me to marry him. I would have never thought that nine years later the girls and I would be saying goodbye to him as he leaves for his deployment. He is headed to Fort Bragg for some training first and then heading from there to Afghanistan.
His bags are packed and ready to go. We woke up very early this morning to drive him on base to pick up his weapon. The government car met us there to drive his luggage and weapon to the airport. We met the government car at the airport and proceeded to get Clay checked in. Everyone was very nice and understood how difficult this day was on us. As Clay stood at the counter, Madison just held onto his leg crying. It broke my heart.

Madison is going to miss her Daddy very much. She LOVES her Daddy Doll though. It was very helpful this morning. She just held him tight and kept playing the special message from Daddy.

Daddy got some good snuggles with the girls while we waited for his plane. The goodbyes were very difficult. They both cried the entire way to the car. Jocelyn seemed okay once we got to the car, but Madison cried the entire 40 minute drive home from the airport. Jocelyn doesn't exactly understand because when we pulled up to the house she yelled, "look Daddy beat us home." She saw his car parked at the house and assumed he was home. I had to remind her that Daddy was on the plane and his car will be sitting there for the next 7 months.
5 comments:
Boy I know all too well how hard these days can be. I'm thinking of you as the girls and you get thru the first couple days of deployment which are always the hardest.
I'm up the road in Williamsburg. I followed your link thru your friend Wendi in Eglin.
It brings tears to my eyes! Thank you so much for supporting Clay during this time. I am so very thankful for his (and your) service to our country. Love to you all there. We will definately be keeping you all in our prayers.
♥((Hugs))♥
We're thinking of and praying for you all today. Give those girls (and yourself!) hugs from us! I agree with the first poster, I remember the fist few days being the most difficult. We will continue to pray for you all. We love you guys!
I will be praying for you and your husband and your daughters. The best thing I think that you can do is try to keep as close as possible to your normal schedule. Same bedtime, same mealtimes, same school, same church time, etc...
Also take the opportunity to have your girls and your self to keep a journal or a scrapbook with hand drawn art, samples of school work, fun things that they did while daddy was away, etc...
Awe . . . this hurts my heart to know what you are going through. I love seeing all the pics. I love the Clay doll and the pillowcase you got for Clay. You are so creative!
We are praying for you! Love you guys!
Post a Comment