Sunday, August 3, 2008

4 & 5 Year Old Children's Ministry Class

We had a great morning at church learning about David. We talked about what it means to be a good shepherd. We made our own sheep using cotton balls and clothes pins. The kids enjoyed doing this simple craft. As promised here are pictures of all of our fun. Some of them are dark because we were in the gym and the lighting wasn't the best even with my flash.

Sophia's cute little sheep.

Katherine diligently working on her sheep.
After our craft, we ate our snack. The kids got to make their own sheep using marshmallows and pretzel.

Victor loved making his sheep and eating his sheep.

Sophia's sheep!

Olivia and Emmy Xiang working on their sheep.

Katherine made a big sheep.

Dylan and his sheep. I love his smile!

David posing with his sheep.
After eating our sheep, we decided to practice herding our balloon sheep. We used pool noodles as staffs and attempted to herd our balloon sheep into pop-up tents and soccer goals.

The boys were gentleman and let the girls pick their balloon sheep and staffs first.

All of the shepherds lined up and ready to herd their sheep.

Here they are attempting to herd their sheep.
We then put our sheep balloons on the parachute and tried our best not to lose our sheep. Good shepherd don't lose their sheep.
Here are all of the good shepherds with their sheep herded.

The shepherds are working hard not to lose their balloon sheep.
As you can tell, we all had a great time. A big thank you to Miss Monica for being my helper today since Clay had to work. I am looking forward to next week's lesson on David and Goliath.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man! I seriously should have come to your class today! I am sure the children will remember their lesson. Great job Brittany!

Iturblog said...

Cute pictures! I'm sure all the children had a blast-I know Tristen did! He's already looking forward to next week's lesson!