Our friend Kendra made a Valentine's Day Cake and included a link to a cool Rainbow Cake. Ever since I saw the cakes I have wanted to try it. The girls were missing Daddy today so I decided to distract them by baking. I showed them the pictures of the cakes and asked them what colors they would like to make their cake. They decided that we should make a red, white and blue cake for Daddy. I reminded them that we couldn't send Daddy the cake, but we could send him pictures of it and this could be our practice cake for when he comes home.

We made the cake mix according the box instructions.

Then we divided the batter and added the food coloring.
Madison made the red cake batter and Jocelyn made the blue cake batter.
Madison made the frosting while the cakes were in the oven.
Jocelyn was trying to figure out why her blue cake looked green when it came out of the oven.

The girls helped frost the cake and added a lot of red and blue sprinkles.

Jocelyn and the Red, White and Blue Cake for Daddy!
Red, White and Blue Cake!
Time to eat it! YUMMY!
We wish Daddy was here to eat it with us.

Someday I still want to make a true Rainbow Cake. But after making our small version of the cake, I realize that making a Rainbow Cake will be very time consuming and a little too hard for my tiny helpers. Maybe we can try it in a couple years. ;)
1 comment:
I'll agree with the time consuming part-wow! It does look pretty tho'! If only there was a way to make it with chocolate cake! :)
Post a Comment