After a great day at school, Madison and I decided to do an apple experiment while Jocelyn took her nap.
Madison then placed one peeled apple slice in each cup.
We are testing to see which one turns brown first.
Madison loved observing the apples change throughout the afternoon.
Results:
After several hours...
After several hours...
The apple slice that was not in any liquid turned brown the fastest.
The apple in the water also turned brown rather quickly.
The apple in the grape juice stayed white.
The apple in the lemon juice also stayed white.
If you don't want your apples to turn brown, you should put them in lemon juice or grape juice. I personally always use orange juice, but we didn't test it in this experiment because it would be difficult for Madison to see the apple in the orange juice.
1 comment:
What a neat experiment! I'm looking forward to the results!
Post a Comment