Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Candy Trains and Cars!

Since Madison is studying "Transportation" this week at school, I decided that we would make "Candy Trains."



When I went to the grocery store to pick up the supplies that we would need to make the "Candy Trains", I found out that Life Savers are no longer sold in rolls. I had to get creative and come up with another idea. That is how the "Candy Car" was invented.

All you need to make the "Candy Car" is a stick of gum, 4 peppermints, a Hershey Kiss or Hug, and a Hershey's mini candy bar. We made ours look like a racing car by putting a Hershey's mini candy bar spoiler on the back. Madison enjoyed making them so much that we made one for every kid in her class.

We went ahead and put each one in a bag with a tag that said, "Racing into a great school year in Mrs. Hunter's Class!" Madison can't wait to give them to all of her new friends at school.

2 comments:

Iturblog said...

How incredibly cute! How do you get the peppermints to stick to the gum without glue tho'?

Unknown said...

You are so talented! What a fun mommy you are!