Monday, September 15, 2008

First Day Volunteering


Today was my first day volunteering in Madison's classroom. She was very excited to have me go to school with her. She told me how to sit (criss-cross applesauce) and how to behave so that I would get all of my stars. It was a busy day at school. After eating breakfast, there was a fire drill. Everyone made it outside safely, but then it started to rain. We all got a little wet before making it back to the library for story time. Once we got back to the classroom, Mrs. Hunter assigned this week's jobs. Madison is the line leader this week. Madison's favorite job is the fish feeder. Mrs. Hunter then introduced this week's theme: TRANSPORTATION. We read our Weekly Reader and did the transportation activity on the back. Then we headed to the lunchroom to eat our lunch. After lunch, the kids got to go to center. Madison chose the Dramatic Play center again. After centers it was time to clean up and go home. I am looking forward to volunteering every Monday in Madison's classroom.
****************************************************************
Thank you to Megan and the boys for watching Jocelyn this morning so that I could go volunteer in Madison's class.

1 comment:

Iturblog said...

I'm glad it was a fun day for you two. We had a great time with Jocelyn. I think even Danny liked having a little girl around among our wild boys! We're looking forward to next week!