Since Madison and I have been having so much fun with apples, we decided to make apple desserts for Caregroup snack this week.
Homemade Apple Pie
I use to make this more often when we lived in Maryland and would visit Butler's Orchard which was near our house. It was a great place to go apple picking!
Sorry there isn't a recipe for the apple pie. I just eye ball it. I don't have measurements of what I use. Hopefully it taste good since I am out of practice.
Applesauce Bars
Ingredients:
1 tsp. pumpkin spice
1 cup applesauce
1 cup flour
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 cup raisins
Icing:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp milk (+/-)
Mix all together and pour into greased 13X9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Thank you, Nana and Pop for sharing this recipe with us. Clay has fond memories of eating them when he was little.
Apple Dapple Cake
Ingredients:
Combine:
1.5 cups of oil
3 eggs
2 cups of sugar
2 tsp. of vanilla
Add:
3 cups of flour
1 tsp. of baking soda
1 tsp. of salt
2 to 3 tsp. of cinnamon
3 cups of chopped apples (or raisins)
1 cup of chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
Mix all together and pour into greased 13X9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
If you like, you can add a sweet topping:
1 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of butter
Heat and pour over cake while still hot.
Thank you, Joia and Myrtle for the wonderful recipe.
We look forward to sharing our apple desserts with everyone at caregroup this week. Bring your appetites!
1 comment:
Awe, now I'm REALLY sorry to have to miss caregroup tonight! Thanks for sharing the recipes tho'! They all look great!
Post a Comment