Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday

Sunday morning we were all dressed and ready to head to Covenant Life Church. We have enjoyed our special time visiting with my dear friend Holly and her family.

After church we got to see Miss Rohr. She is the 5th grade teacher at Covenant Life School.


Miss Rohr and I with one of our students. He is currently in Miss Rohr's 5th grade class. I got the privilege of being his Kindergarten teacher the year that I was pregnant with Madison. It is amazing how time flies. It was wonderful to see so many of my former students.

Thank you so much to the Cleveland Family for letting us stay with you this weekend. We had an amazing time. We can't wait to come back and visit again and get more snuggles. ;)

Our drive home didn't go as expected. We left Maryland around 3 o'clock, but we hit horrible traffic and weather. After driving for 3.5 hours and only going 100 miles, we decided to stop at a hotel for the night and finish the remaining 100 miles in the morning. I called several hotels until I found one with an indoor pool.

The girls and I had some fun playing in the pool while it was storming outside. We had a relaxing night in the hotel and rested up to finish the drive in the morning.

3 comments:

The Mac's House said...

You hit the same traffic that we did on I95 to 64 coming home to Williamsburg. When we finally arrived at the point of the problem it was a car that was completed burned out. We had sat in traffic with nowhere to get off for over an hour and inched our way up to the scene.

Glad to hear that you had the good sense to pull over and find a place to stay for the night.

Teri
in Williamsburg

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great weekend except for the ride home. We loved looking at all the pictures. Your girls looked so cute in all their pretty dresses! We will talk to you soon. Love, Nana and Pop

Who's Perfect? said...

We love those indoor pools. My kids wish for traffic just so we can stay at hotels.