When I asked Madison what she wanted for her birthday dessert, I expected her to say vanilla cake, but she surprised me by asking for a strawberry pie. I love my daughter for many reasons, but one of them is that she LOVES strawberries almost as much as I do. Luckily I found a recipe for the World's Easiest Strawberry Pie on my friend Joia's dessert blog.

The girls and I had tons of fun this morning making Madison's Birthday Strawberry Pie. It is hard to believe that our sweet girl is going to be 5 years old tomorrow!
1 comment:
Mmmm that looks delicious! Way to go Madison for helping make your own birthday pie! We can hardly believe that you are going to be FIVE tomorrow! We will be thinking of you tomorrow and love and miss you a lot. Enjoy your special day!
Neat that you have berries in your yard too. They're completely edible, as long as you're sure they're alpine (wild) strawberries. With your love of strawberries, I'm surprised you haven't eaten them already. :) I've gotta tell you tho', they're not nearly as sweet as "regular" strawberries-they're pretty tart. They're delicious in jam tho'. I'm sure they would be in strawberry pie too!
Post a Comment