Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Unexpected Snow Day!

The weatherman had predicted that we were only going to get a dusting of snow, but by the time the girls and I woke up we had several inches of snow on the ground. I called the girls' preschool to make sure that school was cancelled and it was. The girls were thrilled to have an unexpected "Snow Day" in the middle of the week. The girls did not want to go outside and play in the snow today though. It was very windy and blowing the snow everywhere. We decided to stay inside and have some fun.

The girls made their own tent and played in it most of the day. They looked at books, had lunch, and played with Barbies in their tent.

I was able to get the Valentine's Day presents wrapped while the girls played in their tent.
Overall we had a very nice unexpected "Snow Day" playing together, doing laundry, watching movies, and baking pumpkin bread.

1 comment:

Iturblog said...

We have enjoyed our "snow days" too, but are a bit anxious to get out of the house! Thankfully I have more than enough to do to keep me occupied. :)