
The girls' class is collecting items this week to give to a local orphanage. The girls and I enjoyed going through the house and collecting gently used items that we could donate. I also have been very blessed to run across some amazing sales to help add to our donations. We ended up taking in 6 bins of items to donate to the orphanage today.
The first bin was filled with 6 JanSport backpacks that I got from Staples for $3.00 a piece and 6 lunch boxes that I got at Target for $1.50 a piece. The second bin was filled with gently used dolls and stuffed animals that the girls wanted to donate to the kids. The third bin was filled with clothes, shoes and 105 pairs of mittens that I got at the BX for $0.15 a pair.
The fourth bin was filled with school supplies and books. The fifth bin was filled with gently used toys and games that the girls wanted to donate. The sixth bin was filled with outdoor recreation items. The orphanage requested soccer balls specifically, so I was very excited when I found 3 soccer balls on clearance at Target for $2.50 and two soccer goals for $6.50.
We are praying that these items will bless the kids at the orphanage and that God will show us additional ways that we can serve them. We are hoping that maybe they will let the girls and I volunteer there and learn more about how we can help.
1 comment:
How thoughtful of you! You got some GREAT deals too! How awesome! I miss the BX and commissary-thats about all of military life I miss tho'! :)
Post a Comment