Monday, July 27, 2009

Let the Homeschooling Begin!

Today was are first day of homeschooling. This week's letter is "Ll."

The girls laying on the floor making the lowercase letter l.

Madison did a great job doing her letter Ll table work. She wrote the letter Ll and found all of the lowercase l's on the page.

For snack today we had licorice. Before we ate our L snack, we made Licorice Letter L's with it.

After snack we explored Pattern Blocks. Madison decided to make patterns with her Pattern Blocks.

She then completed her math Pattern Block table work without any help.

Jocelyn was very diligent with her work too.

She was so happy when she finished!

When they finished their work they got to play with the magnetic pattern blocks. Madison was too busy to look at the camera.

Jocelyn made a cat out of her Pattern Blocks.

We finished our school day with an "L is for Letters and Love" activity. Madison wrote a letter to a person she loves about what she likes about school.

Mommy wrote Jocelyn's letter for her, but she colored it and put the stamp on all by herself.

Time to mail our letters to the people we love. Maybe you will get a letter?

3 comments:

Iturblog said...

Awe! How exciting! I love homeschooling! T (and I) loved all the pictures and remembered using pattern blocks. (Great patterns Madison!) What fun! It seems everyone had a good day! With you as their teacher, they'll be graduating high school in a snap! :) We miss you guys!

Tristen says:
"I check the mail too! You should be checking your mail 'cause I'm going to make something. We have some pattern blocks too. Congratulations on homeschool 'cause it's your first day. Bye!"

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

YAY! :)

I just discovered something and wondered if you had ever heard of it.
CURSIVE FIRST
Has a teacher I have never been on board but now that this MOM is about to teach CURSIVE next week I wish I had started my children on it instead of print. Check it out if you want to online. Tammy introduced me. Just a thought.
Looks like y'all are gonna have a GREAT year. My guess what that the girls wrote the BURU BUNCH! :) .... or maybe the grandparents!
LOL...love Megan's comment! You ARE a super teacher! :)

Rabens Family said...

Lisa-
Handwriting Without Tears is another handwriting curriculum that teaches cursive at any age.