
After we left the Virginia Living Museum, we decided to do a little more geocaching at a nearby park.

We found a great playground at Deer Park with this super cool swing!

We then went to find another geocache and found a neat bridge with lion statues at the ends.
We decided to get out and enjoy the beautiful scenery and...

statues.

Aunt Nelda braved the poison ivy and went into the woods to find the geocache.

Aunt Nelda is a geocaching pro!

She found a beer inside this geocache! ;0
4 comments:
We had a great time with you all. Looking forward to a return trip when Clay gets back. Maybe in the Fall. Enjoy the hunts...I enjoyed the beer ;)
Do you put something back in the box when you geocache? For someone else to find? I find that whole thing very intriguing. :-)
You sign and date the log, so that there is a record of you finding it and then you can take as many items as you want out of the geocache, but for every item you take you have to replace it with something. The girls and I just cleaned out their bedrooms and came up with three ziploc bags full of items that we can put into the geocaches we find in the future.
I think your family would really enjoy geocaching. It can be great exercise hiking through the parks and finding them. I am sure your older boys will really enjoy hunting for them and your daughter will be like mine and enjoy getting a toy out of the geocache. It is a fun family activity for everyone.
That does look like a lot of fun! What was actually in that tiny one? Wonder how old that beer was! Guess it wasn't too bad if your SIL said she enjoyed it! :)
Post a Comment