Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Granny Green

We just recently met our sweet neighbor two houses away. She stopped the girls and I on our walk the other day and invited us in. She is an 85 year old woman that has lived in that house for over 50 years. Unfortunately her husband passed away over 20 years ago. She said that she had baked us some cookies and came over to visit us on Easter weekend, but no one was home. I told her that we had been in Florida for three weeks and were so sorry that we missed her visit. She told us to stop by anytime. The girls really liked her and decided to call her "Granny Green." Today Madison drew a picture of Granny Green and her house and wanted to take it to her. So when we went for our afternoon walk and noticed that Granny Green was in her backyard working in her beautiful garden, Madison immediately hopped out of the wagon and ran to give Granny Green the picture she drew. Granny Green invited us inside and surprised us with...

these adorable baskets filled with Butterscotch Cookies. One basket for each of the girls.


She painted the white basket for me. She is a very talented artist. She has painted and made almost everything in her home. The girls ate several cookies before running to play in her flower garden. Granny Green and I just sat and talked while the girls played. I think she enjoyed having someone to talk to and really loved watching the girls play. We then brought her over to our house to show her around. Granny Green's best friend built and lived in our house, so I knew that she would be curious to see what it looks like today. The girls gave her big hugs and kisses before she left, which made her day. We are so blessed that we have met our sweet Granny Green.

5 comments:

Joia said...

You have your very own "Myrtle" now! I'm sooo happy about this - can't wait to hear more about her, she sounds soo sweet! =0)

Rabens Family said...

I thought the very same thing Joia. I am glad we finally met her.

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to have a granny in the neighborhood.

Iturblog said...

How sweet!

Unknown said...

This is just precious!