Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Flower Girl Baskets

My dear friend Maura is getting married and she asked me to make three flower girl baskets. I did some research online and sent her some pictures to look at.

She really liked the idea of doing a heart shaped flower girl basket. I could have ordered these cute heart shaped baskets for $20.00 each, but I still would have had to embellish them with her colors light pink and white.

After searching several stores for a heart shaped box or basket that I could use, I found these white heart shaped baskets for 2 for $1.00 at the Dollar Tree. Needless to say I bought them and began thinking about how to make these boring baskets worthy of a wedding.

When I got them home I took off the ugly plastic handles and made pretty pearl handles using a white pipe cleaner and 10mm pearls.

Then I weaved white tulle through the basket, which I also picked up at the Dollar Tree.

I then covered the heart shaped basket with pink and white roses that I found at the Dollar Tree.

Unfortunately the Dollar Tree did not have enough flowers to make all three baskets, so I needed to come up with another idea. One of the flower girls is going to be wearing a different dress than the other two flower girls, so maybe she will use this rose covered heart shaped basket.

I bought some white and light pink ribbon and decided to weave it through the basket.

It turned out very sweet, but I still need to add bows or flowers to cover the part where the handle meets the basket.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestion for the flower girl baskets please let me know. The girls and I are looking forward to going to Washington DC for Maura's wedding the first weekend in June.

5 comments:

Joia said...

These are Adorable! Great job, Brittney!

I had one of those exact heart shaped baskets when I was a kid! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh Brittney, they're beautiful! The girls are going to love them (I already do :). Thanks SO much- Maura

Who's Perfect? said...

These are very pretty - Great job!

Iturblog said...

AWESOME! Great job Brittney!

Unknown said...

You are so talented Brittney! These look very pretty!