Thursday, August 25, 2011

Evacuating!

The girls and I spent the morning securing the house and packing up our essentials to evacuate. The girls each got to pack one bag of their toys to take with them.

Hurricane Irene's projected path is right over our area.

Since there are only two tunnels you can take to get out of town, the girls and I decided to beat the traffic and drive to Charlotte, North Carolina, this afternoon.

We are going to wait out the storm here at Nana and Pop's house while they are on vacation. We are praying for everyone and everything in Hurricane Irene's path. The girls and I definitely had a hard time leaving our house, not knowing how we will find it when we return. Thankfully we are safe and God is in control.

1 comment:

Iturblog said...

We are so glad you all are safe; that is the important thing. We will be praying the hurricane doesn't cause much damage.