Sunday, May 16, 2010

Letters From Daddy!

The girls were excited to get a letter in the mail from Daddy!

Dear girls,
I just wanted to tell you how much I love you and miss you. I miss being able to play with you, taking you to the playground, reading you stories at bedtime, and giving you BIG Daddy hugs and kisses.
I think about you often and enjoy looking at your pictures on my wall and on my computer. Someday when you're older, I hope you'll understand why I had to go away for so long to help take care of the sick people here in Afghanistan. Although I'd much rather be home with you and Mommy, it's important that Daddy is over here to make sure the other kids' Mommies and Daddies stay healthy and safe so they can get home soon too.
I love you both so much and can't wait to see you again. Please continue to obey Mommy and be good helpers while I'm gone. Also make sure to give Mommy extra hugs, kisses, and snuggles since Daddy can't. Make sure to also tell her how much you love her and appreciate all that she does for you-do this often so Mommy never forgets how much we love her! I love you both very much and can't wait to see you again.
Love,
Daddy
P.S. I hope you like the butterfly and bows card.

Dear Brittney,
Even though I'll never be able to thank you enough for all that you do for our family... I'm going to keep trying!
I know it's extremely tough having to be solely in charge of everything (finances, the house, cars, the girls, cooking...and everything else), but I'm so proud of you for doing such an outstanding job while I'm gone. You obviously can live/survive without me, but I hope you won't have to for a very long time after this deployment.
I'm sorry I can't be there on those tough, emotionally draining days, but I'm thinking about you and praying for you often. Hopefully these last few weeks will fly by and I'll be home soon.
Love always,
Clay

We only have one month left until Clay comes home!

1 comment:

Iturblog said...

Awe! Never knew Clay was so thoughtful-how sweet! Way to go Clay! We're all praying for you all!