Clay and Lance took the kids to DC for the weekend, so that Nyx and I could have a break. What sweet, thoughtful husbands we have! They left Saturday morning at 7:00am. The goodbye was a little difficult because Madison started crying and didn't understand why I wasn't coming with them. Jocelyn just kept telling her, "Daddy said Mommy can't come."
*************************************
I enjoyed my time alone even though I missed them terribly. Saturday morning I went to the Norfolk Mall, then went to Home Goods and Tuesday Mornings in Virginia Beach. I was headed home when I saw that the tunnel had a 8 mile back-up, so I changed plans and did some shopping in Chesapeake before heading home. Once I got home I worked on planning and preparing for the next few weeks of homeschooling. Nyx called and we decided to go to dinner together at Red Robin. We then went to Mia & Maxx Salon to get our hair done. I got my haircut and Nyx got highlights. Since we didn't have to get up early this morning we decided to go see a late movie. We went to see "The Time Traveler's Wife," but 50 minutes into it Nyx decided we should have gone to see "The Proposal." So we were very bad girls and switched movie theatres. I can't wait for "The Time Traveler's Wife" to come out on DVD, because I can't stand the fact that I didn't see how it ended. Needless to say it was a very late night. We didn't get home until after midnight. Luckily we could sleep in this morning. Although I was still up by 8:00am. This morning I ran to Target to get the girls a little "Home Coming" & "Mommy Missed You" gift. The rest of the morning was spent working on homeschool stuff, doing laundry and watching a Lifetime movie I had recorded. It was a wonderful gift to have a day and a half all to myself. Thank you very much, Clay!
2 comments:
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!
So glad you had this time! Way to go Clay for serving Brittney in this way. Looks like they had a great time, even without Mommy. So cute that you made them cards! How about a picture of your new haircut? :) Have a great week!
Post a Comment