Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Brownie Pops & Chocolate Cake Pops!

Ever since I made the Red Velvet Cake Pops last week, Clay has been thinking up new combinations to try. Here they are:

Peanut Butter Brownie Pops!

First I made a pan of brownies. Then I crushed them up. I decided to make my own cream cheese frosting this time using cream cheese, confectioner sugar, butter and vanilla. Mix the cream cheese frosting into the brownie crumbs. Form the mixture into balls and place them on wax paper. Melt 2 cups of peanut butter chips with 2 Tbsp. of shortening. Dip one end of the popsicle stick into the melted peanut butter and place it in the brownie ball. Spoon the melted peanut butter over the brownie ball and sprinkle with brownie crumbs.

Chocolate Cake Pops!

First I made a chocolate cake. Then I crushed it up into crumbs. I combined the cake crumbs with the homemade cream cheese frosting. Then I form the mixture into balls and placed them on wax paper. This time I melted 2 cups of Hershey Hugs with 2 Tbsp. of shortening. Dip one end of the popsicle stick into the melted chocolate and place it in the cake ball. Spoon the melted chocolate over the cake ball and sprinkle with cake crumbs.

Clay liked his flavor combinations, but had to admit that they were both VERY RICH and SWEET. He was only able to eat one of each. He also needed a BIG glass of milk to help balance the richness. I am not a big chocolate person, so I just tried one bite of each. We both liked the chocolate cake pops more than the peanut butter brownie pops.
What combination would you like?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I think a strawberry covered chocolate would be awesome, chocolate cake with a strawberry coating..yummo!

Iturblog said...

Bear saw these pictures and said "Those look yummy! I'm going to make some of those tomorrow. They look like popsicles!". :) They sure DO look yummy, but I'm not holding out for any made by our little chef anytime soon! They look like fun to try sometime! I'm sure anything would taste good with chocolate...mint would be refreshing, perhaps crushed York patties, or Thin Mints? *drools*

ReBenMyers said...

oh my those are down right heavenly looking. YUMO. I just wanted to thank you again for blessing my girls like you have. Hope all is well and hugs to everyone.