Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MOPS

This morning the girls and I went to a local MOPS group that meets at New Covenant Church. We had visited the church when we first moved here. A nice couple invited us to lunch after church. We enjoyed meeting them, but did not feel like the church was a good fit for our family. The mother did email Nyx and let her know that their church has a MOPS group that we could come visit. Nyx has joined the MOPS group and has been going for two months now. She invited me to visit the group. Today was our second time going. The first time there was a speaker, but today was a Game and Craft Day. We had a car scavenger hunt, which was fun. We were given a list of 35 items and had to go out to our cars and try to see how many of the items we could find in our car. My team won with 31 items. For the craft today, we made picture frames. I decided to make a ladybug frame for Jocelyn's bedroom.


Although the girls and I have enjoyed visiting the MOPS group, I am still not sure if we will join or not. They meet on Tuesdays, which makes for a very long day for the girls. I had to wake them up to get them ready to go to MOPS. After MOPS they had to eat their lunches in the car on the way to school. Then once they get home from school we get changed and head straight to ballet. Plus to be honest it is still very difficult for me to be around so many pregnant moms and infants. The majority of the conversation is about having kids and being pregnant. I know what did I expect going to a Mother's Of PreSchoolers group. Needless to say I am praying that the Lord will give me wisdom about whether or not to continue going. It would be a great way to meet other mothers and create a support system while Clay is deployed.

2 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Brittney, this is actually still a hard thing for me at MOPs ... I still feel sorta guilty ... remembering how it felt when I was not on the inside. I understand completely. I am really enjoying my group but there are moments when I reflect back ...

Iturblog said...

Will be praying that you find a good support group there. Is there anything that the base/A.F. offers that would be helpful? Sure wish we lived closer (for many reasons!). Praying for you!