Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chalkboard Pumpkins

This year we decided to do something a little different with our pumpkins.

First, we painted our pumpkins with black chalkboard paint.

Time to let them dry. We let them dry overnight.

Today we decorated our dry pumpkins with chalk.

Madison and her finished pumpkin.
(She has already erased this pumpkin face and made a new one. That is the FUN of our chalkboard pumpkins.)

Jocelyn and her pumpkin.

Here is a video of the girls coloring their chalkboard pumpkins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea- love it!!
Hugs and kisses, Nana and Pop

Iturblog said...

I agree-cute idea! The girls are looking so big-especially Jocelyn!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of painting the pumpkins with chalkboard paint. Of course I had to do it with my class. We painted our pumpkins today. The kids were real excited. We will try drawing on them tomorrow. I continue to get wonderful ideas from you. Miss Tracy asked for your blog address again so I am going to give to her and Ms. Charlene tomorrow so they can keep us with all your adventures.
I do miss you.Love, Mrs. Hunter