Thursday, October 29, 2009

A little early this year

We are going to be celebrating Christmas early this year due to Clay's deployment. The girls and I dropped Clay off at the airport this morning, so that he could fly to San Antonio for some training. He will be gone all weekend, so the girls are I are surprising him by decorating the house for Christmas.


Madison's favorite Christmas decoration is this wooden reindeer that Granddaddy made when I was a little girl.


We love Christmas so much that we are going to be celebrating it for the next two months.

2 comments:

Iturblog said...

How awesome! What a cool surprise! I love Christmas! Just hope he doesn't check the blog while he's there...guess he won't have much free time, eh?

Anonymous said...

We are glad you are doing Christmas early. I already purchased a "table top" Christmas tree that I was bringing anyway. Oh, while I think of it, will you email me a copy of the recipe your mother uses for the nuts she gives as gifts each year. I want to make a batch for gifts to give at school and church. Thanks- lynn